How can I dissolve Juvederm faster without Hyaluronidase?

My cheeks are over filler and I want the juvederm to disolve faster. And I don't want to use Hyaluronidase as for it can leave your skin worst then before the filler.

Dissolving Juviderm Faster

Dear Robin, Only time and hyaluronidase, which is protein enzyme that can dissolve Hyaluronic Acids (HAs) fillers like Juviderm, Restylane, Belotero and Voluma. I recommend that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with this technique. You can have an examination of your cheeks, answer your questions and see if dissolving the Juviderm with hyaluronidase is your best option. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Hyaluronidase is the fastest way. You may also try massaging the area every day as areas of the face with more movement usually dissolve HA's much faster. Depending on the amount of over fill, you can also allow time to decrease this on its own.

When you add Hyaluronidase into the mix, there is no guarantee that all of the material/product would be dissolve and how much quantity from each side. So you could potentially exchange a problem of some over fill to a problem of some asymmetry (which can not be also beneficial).

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Hyaluronidase is the only safe and effect option for dissolving hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. A small amount of hyaluronidase can go a long way to help soften the effects of your recent filler treatment. And if done correctly it can leave a natural appearance to the face without negative side effects to the skin.  This procedure takes a skilled and experienced hand so be sure to seek treatment by an experienced board-certified facial plastic surgeon, general plastic surgeon, or dermatologist.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving Juvederm

Unfortunately, using the Hyaluronidase is the only way to safely dissolve the filler. If there is one area in particular that is bothering you, I would suggest asking your physician to inject it very little at a time and then wait a couple weeks. If you need more dissolved after that, then return for more. It is always better to treat things like this a little at a time.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to dissolve Juvederm faster without Hyaluronidase?

Thank you for asking your question. Hyaluronidase is the only product known to dissolve dermal fillers quickly and safely. Over time the filler will dissipate without treatment. I hope you find this helpful.

Hyaluronidase is safe to dissolve filler

The only way to make Juvederm dissolve faster is to use hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase is safe to use as the body will simply replace it's own hyaluronic acid (HA) in a matter of days. I have never seen someone have a long term side effect from the injection of hyaluronidase. About the only downside it has is that it usually dissolves ALL of the HA in the area where it is injected.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Facial Plastic Specialist
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Unfortunately, without hyaluronidase injections for reversal, juvederm will have to just dissolve over time. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dissolving filler

Dissolving filler  can only be done with hyaluronidase. If not,  it will have to dissolve over time on its own.

Juvederm and Dissolving Filler

The fastest and only way to dissolve filler is to have Hyaluronidase injected into the area.  Otherwise, it will just take time for the product to dissolve.  Best, Dr. Green