Will lip scar tissue affect lip fillers/injections?

I had a cyst removed from my inner lip (i.e. the side inside of my mouth if that makes sense) about 5 years ago. I am booked in to get Juvederm lip fillers next week but forgot to mention this scar tissue to the nurse upon booking. Am I still able to get the fillers or does scar tissue affect the outcome?

Lip filler and scar tissue

Yes, you are still able to get the fillers. However, I would point out the area of scar tissue to the practitioner who is injecting you as this can affect the placement of the filler. The scar tissue will not respond the same as the other tissue in your lip due to it being a lot more dense. If your injector is aware of the scar tissue they can make adjustments to properly place the filler to make sure it comes out even.

Lip filler and scar tissue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Will lip scar tissue affect lip fillers

Scar tissue can affect lip fillers. It is a denser material than the surrounding tissues and may not respond to fillers the same way as surrounding tissue. However, with very careful placement of fillers in a slow fashion, the surgeon can accommodate this although care is always taken.

Will lip scar tissue affect lip fillers

Juvederm and previous scar in lip

Yes, I often inject patients who have scars or in areas around scars.  I would show your injector  this area but it should not interfere with your injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and previous scar in lip