Mucus in maxillary sinus - is this normal? (photos)

I recently got a CT for my sinuses and the radiologist said everything looks great. However, I see some mucus in both maxillary sinuses. Not much, but some of it. Shouldn't it be completely clear? Will it resolve on its own?

Maxillary sinus fluid

Good question. About 15-20% of patients with no history of sinus disease will have these type of changes on CT.  They are even more likely during or shortly after a viral upper respiratory illness.  The bone around the teeth looks good so it's highly unlikely to be related to the them.  Assuming you don't have a history of chronic or recurrent maxillary sinusitis I wouldn't be concerned. Hope that helps.  

Fort Collins Facial Plastic Surgeon