Has anyone heard about liposuction not working? (Photos)

My doctor for 4 months kept telling me I had to wait for the swelling to go down but it never did. Then he said sometimes it doesn't work. See before and after photos.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

You need a VASER hi def body contouring procedure. I suggest seeing an expert for contouring and skin tightening and as well as fat reduction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - can it not work out?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am so sorry that your liposuction didn't work out -
  • How much fat did your surgeon remove? Have you had children? How do things look in profile?
  • Was your surgeon a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon? Did he tell you how much he removed?
  • It is true that liposuction can be disappointing but if the fat is there, it is removed and you don't gain weight - you should see good results.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Has anyone heard about liposuction not working?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Liposuction is a surgical procedure that demonstrates immediate results - once can see the fat that is removed in the liposuction canisters.  That said there can be some aspects of recovery that can mask these results - continued/prolonged swelling, underlying muscle laxity, or post surgical weight gain.  The best measure would be to see if your tissues are fully healed and if so, compare any measurements from before surgery to today. Hope this helps.

Liposuction Efficiency

My experience with liposuction (700 areas per year) has led me to understand that effective liposuction involves a few key elements:

1. You have to remove a significant amount of fluid and fat after tumescence.

2. You have consider the internal core structure to achieve a good cosmetic result.

3. You really have to work hard to get as much as you can (For me 1 hour per area)This is what I have found to be effective.  

I realize that surgeons have different styles, but I have found theses three elements critical in achieving my desired results.  I think if you had liposuction you would look fabulous!

Paul C. Dillon, MD