18 days post op. 5L removed. Hips, flanks, abdomen. Am I still swollen? (photos)

Can I expect the flabbyness to go away?? Or is this pretty much what it will look like? I don't feel swollen and no pain at all. Still wearing my garment and staying away from salty foods.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

Unfortunately to me you were more of a candidate for liposuction with a tummy tuck.  When you have lose skin to begin with, liposuction alone does very little.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - feel flabby at day 18

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You may not feel swollen - but 18 days after liposuction, you are swollen.
  • It will take 6 months approximately for all the swelling to subside.
  • Five liters is a large liposuction - so be patient and try to lose ten pounds so the fat doesn't appear in new areas.
  • You seem to be healing fine at this point.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

At 18 days you are still very swollen. The first few weeks after surgery you are the most swollen. At about 3 months most of the swelling has gone down. However the final results will not be seen for up to 9 months. Just give your body time to heal and enjoy the results.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

18 days post op. 5L removed. Hips, flanks, abdomen. Am I still swollen?

Congratulations on your recent surgery!18 days is very early after surgery! You are still swollen. Swelling can last for several months, and final results will not be seen for 6-9 months. The patient and stay in close contact with your surgeon.

Still swollen after liposuction

Swelling is a generally at its peak in the first 2 weeks, then begins to slowly dissipate over months to a final result. There is a a lot of healing still to occur at the 18 day point. The skin hasn't had enough time to contract yet. Be patient and follow your doctor's recommendations.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon