BMI 33%; Good candidate for liposuction? (photo)
Doctor Answers 11
Wait until you achieve your target weight before getting liposuction.
Congratulations on your ongoing weight loss. It’s understandable that you’d like to see noticeable results, but I wouldn’t recommend liposuction for you at this stage. You’d experience the best liposuction results by waiting until you’ve reached your ideal weight before you have procedure done. If you get lipo and then continue to lose weight, you’ll likely need additional liposuction. It’s also important to note that liposuction isn’t a weight loss method—rather, it eliminates persistent pockets of fat that diet and exercise can’t remove, and it can bring out the final results of your weight loss journey once you’ve hit your target weight.
Lipo is the great motivator and could help a lot in so many patients.
Liposuction under tumescent local is easy to undergo and makes such a nice improvement in so many patients. It is such a great motivator and often just what you need to keep on exercising and dieting to continue your weight loss program when you've reached a stagnant point.
You might also like...
Will liposuction help me?
Good candidate for liposuction?
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?
On review of your pictures, it is unclear if you have excess lower abdominal skin. Liposuction will remove fat/thin out excess skin, but it will not remove it (only an abdominoplasty will do that). "Laser" liposuction, or using heat, does cause only a mild degree of skin tightening.
BMI 33%; Good candidate for liposuction?
High BMI and liposuction
Liposuction ok at BMI of 33?
- Congratulations on your weight loss and I am glad you have things under control -
- Well cone!
- If you are losing weight, I would keep on losing weight.
- Liposuction is not for weight loss - you body will eat back the fat and it appears in new areas unless you lose at least 10 pounds afterwards.
- I encourage you to keep up the weight loss until you reach 10 pounds above your goal weight.
- Keep that weight for 6 months and then have liposuction to reshape your body, if it is needed.
- Then lose 10 pounds after liposuction - and you will get your best possible result.