Deep creasing on the side of my lips when I smile after lip filler. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have creases on the side of my mouth when I smile, it's been over24 hours since have Juvederm ultra injections how long will this be there or will I have this throughout the 5-6 months

Wait 2 weeks

Wait for a couple more weeks until the swelling from your lip augmentation subsides. Then, if this crease is still bothering you, go see your surgeon. It is not from your lip filler. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Deep Crease on Side Of Lip

This is a muscle called the modiolus and is your natural fold... it is not from the lip filer unless filler was placed there directly and is causing swelling.  I suggest a formal consultaiton with a facial rejuvenation expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm and swelling and lines

The full results from Juvederm typically will be seen after two weeks since you can have swelling that distorts the appearance. If after two weeks you still see the creases, you should return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Just wait a few days

• The day after Juvederm injection is usually the one that exhibits the most swelling.  This swelling can distort some features and cause some temporary wrinkles.  Just wait a few days and see if it gets better.  If it doesn't, I would go back and see the doctor who performed the injection.

Creases after filler

Thank you for your question.  Please wait at least 10-14 days for any swelling to subside, if the creases are still there at that time please follow up with your physician for proper evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

It may be related to swelling. Give it a few more days. If it doesn't get better, then go back to your injector.

Juvederm and Swelling

Given that the injections were just performed, I would give it several more days (even up to 2 weeks) for the swelling to subside prior to evaluating your final result.  In the meantime, if you continue to have concerns, I would follow up with your injector.  Best of luck to you!

Lines when smiling after lip filler

Hi there,

I recommend you see the doctor who performed the injection. It is early on after the injection and I expect it would improve as the swelling goes down. Usually the day after the lip injection is the day with the most swelling. 

For day 2, your lip volume is looking good! 

hope this helps

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep creasing on the side of my lips when I smile after lip filler. Any suggestions?

Best t return to see the injecting doctor. Plus allow at least 10 days for swelling to subside............