Hole in mouth after Juvederm lip fillers. (Photo)

I got my lips done a week ago now, they have been changing shapes and swollen but they seem to be settled now. However, I have a hole in one side of my mouth, meaning there is unevenness. Please see the photos and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

You can reverse the condition with an enzyme or get more filler to even it out.  Swelling can come and go for 2-3 weeks, use claritin and icing to help calm this down.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip Asymmetry

I am so sorry to see that you've had a less than ideal result. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in your area to fix your asymmetry. I'm not sure that I would encourage you to trust your original injector, but that is up to you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Asymmetry following Juvederm injection into the lips

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Sorry to hear about the unusual results. Make an appointment with your physician or see an experienced expert injector for a second opinion. Good luck.

Juvederm Lips

Thank you for your question.  Your lips do have some asymmetry and you should return to your physician to correct the asymmetry.  Additionally, it looks like you have a lesion on your lip where you think there is a hole. Do you have any history of cold sores?  Were you given anti-viral prophylaxis prior to have your lips injected? If not this could be a developing or resolving cold sore.  Again please return to your physician for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Filler for Lips

There is definitely some asymmetry in the way that you were injected.  Please return to your treating physician to correct it.  Best, Dr. Green

Filler in lips

You have some asymmetry of your lips.  You might need more filler. You should discuss this with your injector.

Juvederm for lips

Please return to your injector for further treatment.  Adjustments need to be made to make your lips more symmetrical.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hole in mouth after Juvederm lip fillers.

Needs more filler to the area of unevenness. Best to zee your injecting doctor sooner than later........

Hole in mouth after Juvederm

Thank you for your question. Lips have tether points that help support the lip and give it it's shape.  When injecting fillers, you may unmask some of these tether points as you fill around these regions and creating a 'hole' where there wasn't one before. Different injection techniques can be used to correct this. I would make sure that you go to an experienced injector who understands lip anatomy and the different techniques to get the result you are looking for.