Will Working out After Vbeam Surgery Cause Diffused Redness to Come Back?

I'm getting vbeam laser done in a few weeks for my diffused red cheeks. I asked my doctor if I flush a lot when I workout if that will cause my redness to come back faster. He said that the more I flush after surgery, the more likely it'll come back. Now I'm worried I won't be able to workout! On average, how soon does the redness come back?

May make you red but...

I use the Vbeam for my own rosacea all the time, and I do work out a lot myself! It may make you have a bit more redness but it is not dangerous to work out after!

Here is some info on the laser:

The Vbeam Laser produces bursts of light that selectively destroy the blood vessels anywhere on the body.

Pulsed dye laser treatment is so safe that it has been used successfully for the treatment of port wine stains in infants and young children. The Vbeam skin laser can also be used to treat rosacea, stretch marks, warts and keloids, or even tiny spider veins on the legs or face.

After applying numbing cream, the laser light is applied to the patient’s skin. Vbeam skin laser treatment is relatively painless and does not require a long healing time. The most common reaction patients experience include just a few hours of mild redness.

Treatment with the Vbeam may consist of multiple treatments, depending upon the condition and needs of the patient’s body. For facial veins, one treatment may be sufficient for clearance (that said, additional treatments are not uncommon). These treatments occur on an average of every 4 weeks depending on the area and type of treatment.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

May make you red but...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Here is some info on the laser:

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Vbeam works the best for redness

However, your redness is actually exacerbated by flushing.  One mechanism of flushing is induced by exercise.  If you apply cold water immediately after exercise this will constrict the blood vessels and minimize new redness.  You should continue exercising.  Since Rosacea/redness is a chronic condition your may need "touch-up" treatments every three to six months.

Vbeam works the best for redness

Exercise after V-Beam

Thank you for your question.  Before considering this procedure, you may need to determine your priority.  Listen to your doctor when they tell you to avoid exercise for a few days.  Vessels are closed with the treatment, and exercise increases your blood pressure forcing open vessels previously closed.  We tell our patients to avoid exercise for 3-4 days before resuming.  You may need 3-4 treatments and it is possible for redness to return 6-9 months later requiring additional touch ups.

Exercise after V-Beam