How much Botox is required for Hyperhidrosis on forehead near hairline ? Is it successful?

Treating hyperhidrosis of the forehead/hair line

There is no standardized treatment regimen for treating hyperhidrosis/excessive sweating of the forehead/hairline area. I'll usually try 18-24 units (many people find this enough), and then see patients back 2 weeks later to decide if more is needed. Most importantly, make sure you are being treated by a hyperhidrosis expert such as a dermatologist.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for forehead hyperhidrosis

Botox works fantastically well for excessive forehead sweating. For most individuals 50 units (1 phial) is usually more than enough. Please go to an experienced injector who will also provide complimentary top up if necessary.

Botox for excess sweating in the hairline

Thank you for your question Bareface. Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, is a common condition that is treated with Botox. It is most commonly used in the underarms, palms, and soles. In these cases 50 units are used per side. I have never treated hyperhidrosis in the hairline. Likely more than the hairline will need to be treated (for example the scalp) as sweating occurs there too. But if I had a patient request this treatment, 50 units should be a good start. I have my patients return two weeks after a treatment to assess their results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and hyperhidrosis

Thank you for your question. Botox treatment for hyperhidrosis varies per individual and the size and severity of the area. In my experience, 50 units of neurotoxin injected into the frontal hairline and upper forehead has been more than effective in treating hyperhidrosis. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation and to discuss treatment options that best suits your needs.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD