How can I correct my extremely uneven eyebrows? (photos)

For as long as I can remember, and confirmed by looking at childhood pictures, I have had uneven eyebrows. One is much higher than the other. I understand that eyebrows are sisters, not twins, but my brows aren't even friends. My question is which cosmetic procedure would you recommend to correct my uneven eyebrows? I've been looking into Botox injections for the lower brow to raise it to match the high brow but I am open to suggestions! Thank you!

How can I correct my extremely uneven eyebrows?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I agree with you that some subtle enhancement with Botox can be performed to help narrow the asymmetry in your brow position and this will depend on your desired appearance.  You can place a small amount of Botox into your lower brown to help elevate it or place some just above the higher brow to help lower it.  Occasionally both methods can be done.  You do have some mild ptosis of the left upper eyelid but this would require surgery to correct.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  Based on an in-person examination they can offer the best treatment recommendations.

BOTOX Can Help, But Is Temporary

Thanks for your question. The photos you included are quite helpful. I do see the asymmetry you mention, and I believe it's subtle enough to be effectively corrected with a strategic application of BOTOX. However, bear in mind that the results are temporary and typically last for a few months. You can certainly return to your injector for repeat treatments, or you may wish to see what kind of improvement is possible and then switch to something more permanent. In any case, it's important to remember that the human face is almost never perfectly symmetrical. See a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your short- and long-term options. 

Mark E. Freeman, MD
Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows

Dear RealSelfKim:   I have been able to correct uneven brows with Botox and, for more long-lasting results, Ultherapy.  Rest assured that you should be able to correct this issue.  All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Botox for uneven eyebrows

Botox could improve the asymmetry of your brows in one of 2 ways:  slightly lowering the right brow, or slightly raising the left brow.  Treating the orbicularis muscle on the left will have the added effect of making your left eye appear slightly larger while raising your left brow. Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox to Improve Brow Position

Botox is a great temporary fix to even out the brow position but keep in mind this treatment is intended to be repeated every 3 and a half months. There are other more permanent procedures that you may be a candidate for. The best thing is to see a board certified surgeon to talk about different options and find a plan that works best for your specific concerns. 

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Uneven Eyebrows

Thanks for your question regarding eyebrow asymmetry. The type of brow asymmetry demonstrated in the photos is usually correctible by an experienced Botox physician. Because you are young in the photos I see, I doubt you would have problems that this might be a compensatory asymmetry which, on correction, would result in ptosis. This is most commonly seen in older individuals.  I have excellent results with injecting a higher dose in the depressors in the weaker side, and a lesser dose in the higher side, with a tiny whisper in the forehead on the higher side.  Make sure your practitioner does a careful muscular evaluation, because proper dosing depends on exactly how the muscles move.  I hope this helps!  Good luck!

Correcting uneven eyebrows with Botox

Great question. Botox can be used to correct uneven eyebrows or at the least to make the difference between the two brows less apparent. There are several ways this could be accomplished but the most common would be to inject Botox into your forehead with more Botox injection into the left aspect of the frontalis muscle then the right causing the right side of the muscle work harder and thereby raise the right brow. Botox could also be injected into the right corrugator muscle to raise the inner part of the right brow and/or into the tail of the right brow (orbicularis oculi muscle) to raise the lateral aspect of the right brow. I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector. The injector will need to evaluate your muscles at rest and with animation.

Uneven brows

I'm not sure Botox is your best answer. Not everyone gets elevation of their brow with Botox and, if they do, it's usually not much. It's certainly worth a try though. Ultherapy would be another option that is non-surgical. We would double the treatment on the low brow in the hope of elevating it enough that the asymmetry is less obvious. A last option would be a surgical browlift. These can be performed endoscopically so the incisions are hidden in the hair and downtime is minimal.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Brow Lift

Botox can be injected into several places around the brow for improvement. This is a great non-surgical treatment, and should be provided by an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Uneven eyebrows

Injecting a few units of Botox beneath the "tail" of each brow often helps create more symmetry. Additionally, filler can be injected superficially in the same area so that the arches match more closely. If more correction is desired, Botox can be also be injected into several areas in the forehead to create more lift.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician