What is the smallest size breast implant?

I am a 34B and happy with my size overall. They look nice in a pushup. However, they are a bit deflated looking on their own. I would like to stay a size B or small C at most but have a more shapely look. Is it possible to improve shape without changing the size? I want to fill them out but still have a natural look in a lower sitting position. Also, is the recovery time shorter for a smaller implant? I am worried about taking too much time off of work.

A modest sized implant should give you the result you desire.

Thank you for your question. First, there’s no way to add breast implants, even very small ones, and not change the volume of your breasts. Therefore, some increase in size is to be expected with even the most conservative breast augmentation. With that said, your goal of attaining a natural-looking, proportionate result is entirely possible with the proper implant choice. Meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and help you determine which implant will give you the subtle boost in fullness you’re wanting without looking too large or disproportionate. As far as recovery, there will be some downtime you should be prepared for, but you are correct in assuming that you can likely expect a somewhat easier and faster recovery with small implants. 

Implants and breast

There are many different sizes of implants as well as shapes. You would have to be seen in person...

Breast implants

There are many sizes and styles of implants to achieve the results you desire. We also use Vectra 3D imaging to give an idea how different implants will look on you.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Small Breast Implants

My best suggestion is to schedule a consultation which includes VECTRA 3D imaging.  This will allow you to see possible results on your body on the screen.  The implants are chosen based on your measurements to achieve the best overall and natural appearance.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Smaller breast implants

Thanks for your question.

The smallest silicone implant that I have is an 80cc.  It is tiny and may not give you the size that you desire. Saline implants run a bit larger.

The size of the implant does not correlate with the level of postoperative pain.  The location of the implant:
Subglandular vs submuscular, does impact the level of pain and discomfort.  The recovery is the same no matter what size.  Placing the implants lower in the breast pocket does affect the shape and can give you the fullness at the base being a more natural appearance.

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast implant sizing

Breast implants are frequently determined by Breast dimensions and patient desires.  

The smallest size implants range between 125-175 depending on brand, silicone, saline, and implant projection.  

Patients are often fit in bras with difference sizes to help determine the implant size.  

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. It is possible to accomplish the look you want with a small implant.  I have performed breast augmentation on many patients with this exact same request. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Smallest Breast Implant?

The smallest volume implant available without a special order is 120cc. That's a VERY small volume implant. What implant volume would be best for you would depend upon your aesthetic goals and current anatomy. In other words, where are you now and where would you like to be?

Locate a Plastic Surgeon in your area who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Schedule a consultation and discuss your aesthetic goals. That's the place to start.

Best of Luck to you.

Jonathan R. Fugo, DO
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size.

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX