Is picking my nose after a septoplasty bad for me?

So it has been about 3 months since my surgery. For a few weeks I have been picking my nose, I'm not talking about hanging boogers, I mean digging up like as high as I can go! Is that bad? It feels like my nose has been getting stuffier, but it might be because I've been out of sinus irrigator stuff so my nose has been dry. I get a little bit of dried blood when picking. I go as high up as my finger will go to get the dried boogers. What negative effects can that have?

Digital trauma to nose

This is not good for you at any time, whether after surgery or not. You are putting yourself at risk of a septal perforation.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Picking Ok? Never

I hope that you are not serious, but if you are I strongly recommend you refrain from picking your nose immediately. You can cause serious damage to the mucosal lining of your nose and septum, especially after surgery. This may lead to infection, bleeding, crusting, scabbing or worse, a nasal septal perforation. Please see your physician for recommendations, irrigation refills and advice about how to best manage persistent dryness in your nose. I hope you will receive my answer before any damage occurs. Hope this information helps. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon