Tuberous breast correction without implants?

Im concerned about breast implant risks and aesthetic outcomes since i have tuberous breasts, but i never see them corrected without implants. Is it impossible to loosen the constricted lower pole without implants? What if you had small implants to stretch out the bottom of your breast and then got them removed, would that be the only option? Or is a no-implant-correction just something ba surgeons dont do?

Tuberous breasts

thanks for your question and I hope all is well. Yes, there are options for you without implants. If you feel volume is an issue, then fat transfer is a great option. Almost always you need some form of lift as well. There are minimally invasive and advanced measures I use during fat transfer to open up the constricting parts of the fat transfer. Seek a BC plastic surgeon with fat transfer expertise to consult with. Best wishes.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction is possible without breast implants

Thank you for your question. You are welcome to visit my before and after gallery to find examples of tuberous breast correction without implants. The incision is around the areola to gain access to the base of your breasts to free up the constricted portion and re arrange your breast tissue from within. Results are natural and free of the risks/complications and maintenance associated with breast implants. I hope this helps.  

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Most tuberous breasts have a constricted lower pole with very little tissue. The implants add volume.

Thank you for sharing your question.  In general the best treatment is with the use of implants to supply weight to stretch the skin and tissues constricted by the underlying condition.  You may be able to see some improvement with fat grafting to the region, but a full series of photographs would offer better information and recommendations.  Hope this helps.

Tuberous breasts correction

Dear AppleOwl,

Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. The 2 most disturbing components of tuberous breasts are ptosis (droopiness) and herniating (protruding) areolas. These can be corrected by mini lift (donut, Benneli)  alone. However, I would strongly recommend augmentation with implants as well. These procedures will be one of the best investments in yourself. They will increase your confidence, your self esteem, your sense of femininity and will make shopping fun...

Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do you due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely, to avoid bad result and need for corrective surgery.

Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Do you require implants to treat tuberous breasts?

Sometimes a mastopexy procedure can improve shape and symmetry of tuberous breasts. I recommend you see a Board certified plastic surgeon - sounds like you may have already. plasticsurgery.org provides a list. The outcome goal is yours, not your surgeon's, so you need to understand how things would like with and without implants. Fat also may be used to amplify the breast shape and size.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Constructed breasts

Thanks for your question. Constricted breasts can be a very challenging problem to solve. In  some patients fat grafting to the lower pole of the breast can have a very nice effect and significantly improve the deformity. It could take multiple sessions to get the desired look or size. An implant with the fat breast works best. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

You ask an excellent question.  Tuberous breasts are the result of not only bands of connective tissue which constrict the lower breast, but also an underdevelopemnt of the lower breast pole.  Release of the bands is one aspect of correcting the deformity, but lower pole skin must be recruited onto the breast to give a rounder more natural shape.  This is very difficult to do without implants.  I would consult an experienced board certified plastic surgeon as correction of tuberous breast is challenging but a not unusual problem seen by plastic surgeons.  Good luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Photos would be very helpful in your case.  We have used fat grafting as a very viable option to correct tuberous breasts.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon