It is necessary to fix the nipple in tuberous breast? (photos)

Hello again, Another issue that concerns me is of the herniated areolas, dr I will operate says no need to reduce areolas says they'll be fine as well, however another doctor told me that if not retouched nipples, the tuberous aspect will remain, would be more inflated and larger and puffy. Do you think it is necessary to retouch the areolas believe, if you do not stay the appearance of peak / tuberoso tube? a greeting and thank you for your attention

It is necessary to fix the nipple in tuberous breast?

Thank you for your question. If you have small or asymmetrical  breasts then and you are not happy for this situation; then you can be a good candidate for breast augmentation operation. As it was also mentioned above,  small breast can be something that woman might want change. However choosing the right operation is the most important step in the planning of the operation. Therefore understanding the needs and the expectation of the patient is the most important thing and it needs a successful

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast

Hi- from your photos your breast doesn't not appear to have herniated breast tissue through the nipple areola complex as happens in tuberous breast deformity so it does not look like you need to have it addressed. You may have a slight constricted lower pole which will be improved with shaping the breast tissue and implant placement. 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photo you do not have tuberous breasts with herniation of the nipple areola.  You do have medial inferior pole insufficiency.  This should be corrected very nicely with breast implants alone.  You should be able to have the procedure through an inframammary crease incision in the breast fold and not require an incision in the areola.

Tuberous Nipples

I think you should also consider a preliminary tissue expander.  Although it is two surgeries it will expand your lower pole as well as the nipples.  Google it a bit and see what comes up.

Paul C. Dillon, MD

In general, yes, it is recommended to correct the areoles when treating tuberous breast because they can remain puffy afterwards however if that doesn't bother you and you'd prefer to have puffy nipples rather than scars around them it's totally reasonable to leave them alone. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC