How long does total face swelling last after a Halo treatment?

The swelling on my face seems pretty intense!

Halo Laser Treatment

Thanks for your question. I had the Level 2 Halo treatment done myself just about 10 days ago. I love it! I plan to post video/photos soon on our site. My experience was that I had swelling for about 24hrs, then it began to subside. I did it on a Thursday evening, and still had a bit of swelling on Monday morning. The flaking started on Sunday and was much better by 7 days total. I used a lightly-tinted sunscreen. Now, at day 10, I can see dramatic improvements. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Downtime is 5-6 Days

The swelling after Halo Laser is at its worst on the second and third day and goes down quickly after that. I routinely use one tablet of 50 mg Benadryl on the day of the procedure as well as Prednisone for three days to minimize the swelling. The results are well worth it.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Usually only a day or 2

Thanks for the great question, I get this one a a lot! By now your swelling should be pretty much gone. Most patients wake up the next morning after treatment and are shocked by how swollen they are! The swelling depends both on the density of the treatment and your body's natural response to the laser. The swelling is also worse after sleeping with your head at the same level as your heart. As you get up and walk around the day after treatment, most of the swelling should subside. Some doctors prescribe steroids to reduce the swelling, but in my opinion this is unnecessary. Best of luck and I hope you love your results!

~Dr. Sieber