Wide Set Eyes...

Is it posible (for a normal person who wasn't born with, or had trauma) to have surgery that would widen the distance between the eyes of closed set eyes? I just realy want wider eyes. How much would it cost...where could I do this surgery?! Anna, Russia

Doctor Answers 3

Surgery for narrow set eyes to make them wider

There are surgeries for this which are performed by craniofacial surgeons but it is generally reserved for cogenital deformities and not for "cosmetic" indications. It involves surgery which may closely approach the brain and optic nerves.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

To get more wide-set eyes

you would need major craniofacial surgery (cutting the facial bones and repositioning them with plates and screws) to accomplish wider-set eyes.  Your best bet would be to learn some makeup tricks to create the illusion of more wide-set eyes.

Carmen Kavali, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Wide eyes

To do what you want would require major craniofacial surgery and would be way to expensive and potentially dangerous to take on for what you are wanting.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.