Why Do I Have White Spots and Patches on Dark Skin After a Chemical Peel?

Hi, I had deep chemical peel done through a spa, by an esthetician. (I have dark colored South Asian Indian skin). As it was a deep peel, i have white spots and patches on my face now. Its been 4 weeks, and the white spots and patches are still existing. Can you please recommend what can I do to get my original color back and get rid of these white patches?

Post op irregular pigmentation from a chem peel can be very tricky to fix unless you see a doctor.

Irregular pigmentation is very common in spas and salons when it is not done by a doctor. You should see a derm surgeon so he/she can assess the damage and fix it with either lighter peels or triple combo prescription bleaching creams or Retin A etc... Don't worry though, most times it is almost always fixable easily. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Spots and patches after Chemical Pe

Most peels that are done by Estheticians in a Spa are not deep peels that will cause permanent blotchiness of the skin but temporary pigmentation change can occur. Most of this is treatable with the use of "Bleaching" agents and/or certain lasers.  See a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist familiar with peels and get a proper evaluation.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon