Uneven swelling after Radiesse, joker smile and droopy on one side. Will it stay this way?

Had radiesse done just yeaterday. The one side of my mouth looks like a joker smile the other does not. Could it just be more swelling on that one side or too much filler on that side? The joker side looks kind of droopy? I am worried I will always look uneven now.

Uneven results from filler

one day is not really long enough to see what the results will be so give it another 5 days or so to see if it will even out. If not call your doctor and set up an apt to see what can be done

Nashville Dermatologist

Uneven Results

Thank you for your question. It is too early to see what your results will be. Swelling can last up to 2 weeks. I suggest contacting your treating physician if you are unhappy or concerned with your results. He/she can better determine what can be done to help you. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Swelling vs nerve damage after Radiesse

Very hard to give you an exact diagnosis without knowing how Radiesse was placed and the technique used. A physical examination is also needed. This maybe swelling, and if this was the case, it would have subsided by now. In rare situations a nerve can be hit, especially if the filler is placed too deeply. Your injector will know exactly what happened, and how to rectify it. All the best. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Radiesse and Results--Too soon to tell

It is too soon to tell what your results will be. Swelling (even uneven swelling) can last up to 1-2 weeks. If you are unhappy with your final results there are options for treatment including steroid/5fu injections, skin tightening and lasers. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.