I'm female but my forehead is flat. Can doctors use Radiesse or any hydraulic acid filler to create a rounder forehead? (Photo)

I saw a video on YouTube where a doctor used radiesse to create a dramatically rounder forehead. Is this possible or too risky? Are there any doctors in Los Angeles that do this procedure?

Doctor Answers 8

Yes, forehead shaping can be achieved with fillers.

Absolutely. I do believe that this is the 'in' filler region for the past few years in SE Asian countries, but Western Countries are catching up. There is definitely a trend to fill the forehead area as it can also provide a partial brow lift. This area is one of the trickiest to fill, and you do need to see someone who is Board certified, and also an expert in forehead filling- this is due to the arterial supply of the area. Results are excellent if performed correctly. I personally only use HA fillers such as Juvederm Volift or Belotero in this area. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Forehead filler

Thank you for your photos. Filler in the forehead can be performed safely by an experienced injector. This area is considered off-label for all available fillers, but it can be done with great results to improve the roundness of the forehead, particularly on profile view. My preference is with a thicker gel such as Juvederm VOLUMA which lasts longer and is better at lifting the tight skin of the forehead. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Forehead shaping

Yes, you can use longer term fillers; but understand that they will have to be repeated even though certain companies state they are more long lasting. You can also use a custom forehead implant placed via hidden incisions for a permanent approach; but albeit, a surgical one.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

I'm female but my forehead is flat. Can doctors use Radiesse or any hydraulic acid filler to create a rounder forehead?

Sculptra® injections may be the best choice to slowly round the forehead via stimulating one's own collagen. As this is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.  

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Radiesse Can Create A Rounder Forehead

The short answer is that yes, Radiesse or another dermal filler could be used to create a rounder look to your forehead. However, this is a very delicate area and requires a great deal of expertise to treat. Please find an board-certified dermatology injector with expertise in contouring the face using dermal fillers such as Radiesse.

Kory Kitagawa, MD
Honolulu Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Forehead augmentation

Fillers can provide good results for what you are seeking but be careful. this procedure is not easily performed so be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon well versed in the use of the materials. In LA call Mark Rubin MD

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Filler to Create Rounder Forehead

Yes, fillers can be used to improve the contour of the forehead. I have been a big advocate of fat grafting for over 25 years but not to create a rounder forehead because of the risk of irregularities.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Rounding it out with--Forehead with HA fillers, bellafill

This is something I do often with HA fillers to create a rounder forehead or Belafill which is more long term and collagen based.  You need a formal consultation with someone who is an expert in filler treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.