Can I have Radiesse and Juvederm fillers injected in the same area?

I had Radiesse injected in my upper cheek 6 months ago, and would like to add more volume. Where I go now for non-surgical procedures, they do not use Radiesse as they prefer Juvederm. Is it safe to add Juvederm where Radiesse was previously injected?

Yes. It is okay to use Juvederm in the area Radiesse was used. To get the same lift as Radiesse I recommend Juvederm Ultra Plus or Voluma. Juvederm is a good volumizer for other areas of the face, such as the lips. I hope this helps.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Unlike the HA fillers, Radiesse can't be dissolved.  This is one of the reasons that I prefer using Restylane Lift to shape the cheeks, chin and jaw line when using a dermal filler.  Different dermal fillers can be injected into the same area, so you can add an HA filler to the cheeks the have Radiesse or vice versa. 

Hope this helps.

Juvederm and Radiesse in same area

Yes, it is fine to use Juvederm in an area where Radiesse has been injected, it is safe. Nonetheless, Juvederm may not give you as much of a lift as Radiesse would, traditionally Juvederm is a great volumizer for other areas of the face. I prefer using it to plump the lips.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm injected where Radiesse has been before?

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm and Radiesse.

Yes, it is absolutely fine to use Juvederm or any other hyaluronic acid filler in an area where Radiesse has been used. It is generally agreed that these fillers are better to use when the treatment is around the eyes. If the filler is under the eyes, Restylane is better than Juvederm. If it is on the sides of the cheeks, Juvederm Ultra Plus or Voluma will usually give you a better, long lasting result than regular Juvederm.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Combining Fillers

Thank you for your question. Yes, that is perfectly safe. However, Juvederm may not give you as much of a lift as Radiesse - unless it's Juvederm Ultra Plus, you may want to consider other fillers such as Restylane Lyft or Voluma. These three fillers have more plumping action (similar to Radiesse), while traditional Juvederm is a great volumizer for other areas of the face - perioral, lips - but for malar or cheek augmentation (at least in my hands), I prefer to use a more substantial filler to really maximize results. Best of luck! 

Volumizing with Radiesse and Juvederm

Combining Radiesse and Juvederm fillers for the face is perfectly fine.  You can even use both these products during one visit to achieve great results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Juvaderm and radiuses

Yes, you can have two different fillers injected in the same area.  What you need to know is  which filler adds more volume  and the amount of the filler for that price. Radiesse is usually a 1.5ml in volume and juvaderm is 1.0 ml in volume. Radiesse is a thick filler.  Juvaderm varies depending on the one that is used.  You want a thicker filler in the checks.  Good luck.

Radios and juvederm

Hello and thanks for your question, 

Yes, it's totally fine to add Juvederm to the radiesse. They will work together to add volume to the area. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician