Radiesse nightmare. Will my face ever go back to its previous appearance? (Photo)

I got talked into getting radiesse in my jaw, chin, temples, and cheekbones four months ago. Doctor ruined my facial proportions. Found out later that he has a horrible rep (also did my chin crooked and refused to correct it). Will my face ever go back to it's previous appearance or will the 'collagen stimulation' mean that it's forever wider and less defined? How long before I can expect to look like my old self? I also had a rhinoplasty that didn't go well (nose wider). Thanks!

Radiesse in my jaw, chin, temples, and cheekbones four months ago that ruined my facial proportions.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles after attempted facial shaping.  I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very full towards the outside which tends to broaden the face.  This is sadly done more often these days with the promise that this approach will lift tissues back onto the cheeks.  In reality, tissues are not lifted and the cheeks are made to look wide which broadens the face creating a more square shaped face.   

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Radiesse can't be dissolved with any energy based treatment (RF, Ultrasound or Laser) or with an injection of any material.  Steroids have unwanted side effects including the possibility that facial fat will be dissolved leaving indentations.  It's best to let the Radiesse dissolve on its own and then consider using a dermal filler or cheek implants to shape the cheeks.

Hope this helps.

#Radiesse - Radiesse nightmare

For better or for worse, the results of Radiesse are not (normally) permanent.  Radiesse stimulates collagen formation and the results typically are most apparent for about 6-12 months; sometimes a little more, sometimes less.  From that standpoint, I would probably advise you not to do anything but to let the natural process run its course.  However, you should be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon (or equivalent) and follow the recommendations based on that.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Ruined By Radiesse--Try Radiofrequency, laser, steroids

Radiesse results aren't permanent and you will go back to normal. Radiofrequency and laser can help if you are unhappy.  5fu or saline injections are also options. I recommend a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Radiesse

There are a number of issues here/ First, looking at your photos you did not need anything to start with and no one should talk a patient into anything ever. You saw someone who is not trained properly and is only after money. in answer to your question the Radiesse will not permanently affect your face and will wear off even though it is stimulating your collagen production. In the future if you are considering a cosmetic procedure make sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, check with other patients who have seen him and see before and after photos. You might want to read my latest book SkinScam available on Amazon.com

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Fillers

Based on your before pictures, there was no reason on earth to have that much fillers to your face. You did not need anything.

No body should be talked into having any procedure. The role of the physician is to explain the findings and if needed the methods of correction and the risks. The patient makes the decision.

talking patients into having a procedure, has a conflict of interest since the doctor has a financial interest in doing as much as possible.

Radiesse Treatment

Hey Willow Thanks for your question- 

Radiesse normally lasts 1.5-2yrs and your face will go back to the way it was. Yes, radiesse does stimulate collagen growth but it's not going to be enough to make you look different. 

Make sure you find a plastic surgeon who you know and trust, with a good reputation. 

Lastly, radiesse and the effects of it, will slowly decrease as time goes on (it's not 100% then 0%) it's a slow loss of volume over time. 

Good Luck, 

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician