How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

I am quite sure my insurance plan cant cover the cost of breast reduction surgery. They don't consider it a medical necessity even though my breasts are causing me severe back pain and neck aches. About how much is a great plastic surgeon going to charge for a breast reduction? Does this include anesthesia too?  Warm thank you for helping me

Atlanta Breast Reduction Price $6,550.00

If insurance denies coverage of your breast reduction the cost of the breast reduction at our facility is $6,550.00. This includes the physicians fee, anesthesia fee, facility fee and all of your follow up visits after surgery. Keep in mind that most surgery centers in this day and time have payment plans. The additional costs would be a lab work up, prescriptions, and pathology.

Cost of a Breast reduction

The cost of a breast reduction varies from state to state. Currently in southern Oregon, the going rate is around $6000.00 for the surgery, operating room, and anesthesia (whole package). The surgeries performed here are done on an out-patient basis in a State certified ambulatory surgery center. 

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

Breast Reduction is a plastic Surgery procedure and it is not covered by Medical Aid or Insurance. The price will depend with where you choose to have your operation and with which Surgeon. Price for Breast Ruducton is 5800euros anesthesia is also included, our prices include patients transfers from the airport and back and also hotel stay for patients traveling from other countries.

How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

Thank you for your question. Breast reduction surgery normally runs between $6000 - 8000.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Rast

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Atlanta Breast Reduction cost

Most breast reduction performed are covered by health insurance. However, not all insurance cover breast reduction. Many patients who are denied coverage can pay for their breast reduction. Our breast reduction also includes breast lift and liposuction of the sides. In our fully accredited plastic surgery center, the cost of breast reduction ranges from $6500 to $8500. Breast reduction in our facility are performed as outpatients procedure. We use special sutures to minimize scarring and we preserve the nipple.
However, your best plastic surgeon for breast reduction has the experience, training, and results that relates to you. Do your research and find a real Plastic Surgeon and book a paid consultation. Free consults are just a sales pitch and does not work in your best interest.

Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon.
Questions to ask (Answering NO is a big red flag)
1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (Do you know difference between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery?
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited procedure room or ambulatory surgery center
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform liposuction and tummy tuck? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance (it does happen, it better to be safe)
The most important decision is to do your homework well.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Insurance will likely "cover" your surgery

Breast reduction surgery is still "covered" by most insurance companies if the criteria is met. The problem is that even when covered you will likely have a large deductible as well as copay. I tend to sort through everything prior to the surgery and come up with a payment the patient will be responsible for prior to surgery and this takes the anxiety out of the equation for everyone. I have a full time employe who's sole purpose is to get such procedures authorized, as do most breast surgeons, so you can be assured everything will be done that can be done.

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

Cost of Breast Reduction

The cost of breast reduction surgery varies widely across the country and even in communities. It sounds like your surgery could be covered by your insurance unless there is a specifiic exclusion. Most insurance companies look at the estimate of breast tissue to be removed in relation to your height and weight as well as symptoms such as you have described. Don't hesitate to appeal the insurance company's initial denial. I have also had some success in getting state insurance commissions involved. Good Luck!

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Breast reduction cost

Your insurance may cover a breast reduction if you have enough symptoms with back pain and rash and irritation.   They often cover anesthesia as well.  Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. The response to the question does not constitute a doctor patient relationship or formal advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast reductions for Utah

If you are paying for the reduction yourself the average price in Utah is $6000.00 - OR will run around $1200.00 and the anesthesia is about $1500.00  Grand total on average is $8,500-

Grant A. Fairbanks, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction cost

Thank you for your question; typically for plans that cover breast reduction, it is covered in patients who have documented back and neck pain , large breasts, and patients have typically tried non-surgical options such as supportive bras, NSAIDs, and chiropractic treatment.  However in this day and age some plans exclude breast reduction as a covered procedure.  This is unfortunately increasingly common.  
This being said, if you are going to pay out of pocket for the procedure, cost will vary based on surgeon, hospital performed, and region in which you live.  Make sure you ask if anesthesia and hospital fees are included because you will need to factor all these in the total costs.  Anywhere from $6000 to $9000 would be a typical range.  Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon