How often can you get lip injections?
Doctor Answers 10
Wanting more filler in the lips
- I understand completely the desire to get a Hollywood 'look'.
- But what you see on-line is deceiving - the results are often photoshopped and not real.
- This allows the star to get attention without looking over-done in real life.
- Your photos suggest that like Irina, your upper lip is overfilled compared to your lower lip.
- If you have more fill in the upper lip now - it will not look pretty and your smile will be distorted.
- For a natural look, you might have a little more filler in the lower lip for balance.
- Keep what is left over and have that injected in your upper and lower lip in another 6 months.
- If that is not what you want - trust your doctor -
- Filler is expensive and the usual result of two syringes of filler in a young lip is a request to dissolve it.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes
Lip injections can be done as many times as needed
You might also like...
If you feel that your lips are still too small after the injections, you can return at any time to have more filler injected. There is no strict time to inject. Best, Dr. Green
There is no time limit for adding filler. Typically filler around the lips lasts at least 5-6 months. You seem to be worried that your doctor "won't allow me to go that big." This is a separate issue. The lip naturally should be bigger on the bottom and smaller on the top. If you are trying to achieve an artificial/unnatural result, your doctor has the right to refuse to do that. Consider what you are trying to achieve and why. Then, discuss that with your doctor. I agree that many photos are photoshopped. I imagine that you would want to look natural in real life. I have done many lip reduction surgeries as a result of overzealous injections. Trends change. Err on the side of caution!
All the best,
Dr. Michelle Yagdoa
not to over-do it!
this patient has a nice result now , average duration is lower than other locations as this is the most active area in our face , better to use incremental improvements than over correct , I would say see the pt every few mos & determine if more is advisable . Lip enlargement can be one of the most gratifying event for both pt & dr but should be an artistic endeavor !
Lip size after Juvederm
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.