I have duck lips after having juvederm injected a week ago. How can this be resolved? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Unhappy with lip Juvederm at 2 weeks
- Your profile suggests that you have too much Juvederm injected -
- There appears to be filler going all along the lip and half-way up the white lip - which is where excess Juvederm often goes.
- The balance between the upper and lower lip is off - unless you wanted to have an upper lip that was fuller than the lower lip (in normal lips, the lower lip is fuller.)
- you have waited two weeks so it is reasonable to have some Hyaluronidase dissolved.
- If your treating physician was a plastic surgeon or dermatologist - it is reasonable to ask her/him to correct this.
- If not, you might see one this time -
- Depending on the policy of the office that treated you, you might be charged.
- If you see a new physician, you will be charged - and probably significantly more.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes
You might also like...
Swelling and bruising can last up to two weeks after filler injections, especially in the lips. If you are still swollen and are not happy with your results, follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns. Hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the filler if you do not like the appearance of your lips. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.
I hope this helps.
Juvederm and Lip Injections
I would wait a full two weeks to see the effects of the lip injections before you return to have anything else done. There may still be some swelling form the Juvederm. If you are still unhappy I would return to your treating physician to have some of the product dissolved. Best, Dr. Green
Some patients have temporary mild swelling after filler
Hyaluronidaise can be used to quickly melt the injectable filler and return to their pre-injection appearance within an hour, but the use of this is very rare and usually stems from a patient needing to correct what an inexperienced injector has done.
Duck lips from fillers
Juvederm in lips
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.