Can Sculptra lift cheeks?

I am 62 , 12 yrs ago I had something called silikon 2000 ( permanent filler I think in my cheeks) they have now starts to migrate lower, I still have apple cheeks when I smile but without smiling I've noticed my cheeks are a lot lower from my eyes, , can I have sculptra to lift them back up? I really dont want my cheeks to get any larger as they are full, only when I smile.? I look older and cheeks sag if I'm not smiling.

Sculptra and Other Fillers for Facial Sculpting

All of my facial volume and lifting patients get sculptra as their foundation to help build collagen long term, lift, and compliment laser and skin tightening procedures. It's an excellent filler that gives great results, we also layer other fillers on top such as voluma or radiesse for contour, shape and fold improvement depending on your goals. If your permanent filler has begun to "migrate" and you are concerned about having too much volume, you may need a surgical approach for improvement prior to any further filler treatment. I suggest consulting with a facial contouring expert  Best, Dr. Emer

Sculptra Injections

Hello and thank you for your question. As other doctors here have mentioned, Sculptra is not a filler but it's a collagen simulator. Injecting Sculptra provokes your body to create a response that rebuilds your own collagen. This is done over a period of 2 to 3 months. Sculptra is mostly injected in the soft tissue section of the cheeks. By stimulating collagen in that area people have less of a hollow in that area. I would suggest you visit an office that offers Sculptra and get assessed by a professional to find out if Sculptra would be the best option for you. Regards, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for cheeks

Sculptra is intended to add volume in areas where volume has been lost due to aging. The result is subtle and natural because Sculptra is stimulating your body to produce collagen and elastin in the injected areas. Voluma is often injected in the cheeks to add a lift. These changes are subtle and are not a substitute for surgery.

Lisa Airan, MD

Sculptra can help

Sculptra can help hollow areas and mask cheeks that have drifted downwards.
It builds collagen and give a nice look.
Voluma can help smaller, specific areas.

Sculptra for cheeks

Sculptra stimulates the production of your own collagen and thickens the skin.  It can offer some lifting, but not the same as a filler.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Can Sculptra Lift Cheeks?

Hi Amet.  Sculptra accomplishes a "liquid facelift" by adding volume.  If you already have enough volume then Sculptra may not be the right option for you.  If the filler is falling down, then you may a surgical intervention to remove it or lift and re-drape the facial skin.

Sculptra is an excellent product but it does add volume and if you don't want additional volume, then an alternative treatment is advisable.  

For typical Sculptra results, take a look at the before and after photos at the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD