How do I know if I was injected into Sculptra or something else like ArteFill? (Photo)

7 months ago I was injected only 1 vial Sculptra by a board certified plastic surgeon and this was my first injection . I'm very disfigured and I can still feel the soreness comes and goes. The volume is still growing. I've had several kenalog shots and 5FU shots, but after about 2 months my face would plumped again and the volume all came back. All doctors couldn't believe only 1 vial made disfiguration like this .How do I know what was injected?

Needs repeat injection

The Sculptra is still stimulating collagen and will continue to need repeated kenalog/5FU injections.  Artefill would more likely cause localized granulomas.

How to know if Sculptra or something else was injected?

You would need to contact the office where you were treated to find out what was injected into your face.  If you cannot find this information by speaking with the office, you could request a copy of your medical records to check.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Results

If you have concerns that you were not injected with the correct filler, and feel uncomfortable discussing this with your dermatologist, I suggest you seek treatment from an alternative board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Which filler used...

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately the only way to determine which filler was used is to ask the physician who injected you as they legally need to keep detailed medical records.  If you are wary to ask them you can have another doctors office request the medical records for you.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

How to Know What Filler Was Used

You can call the physician’s office where you were treated and ask them what was injected into your face. If they will not tell you then request a copy of your medical records.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician