Does Sculptra really work to restore collagen in face? What kind of results are expected?

Sculptra for Collagen Build

Greetings!

Sculptra is a great injectable filler that will help you body stimulate collagen over time. This is done over a series of injections, and it provides very natural results that can last up to 2 years. We often use Sculptra as the base filler and use other HA fillers on top to help correct more severe facial volume loss. I would consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to find out if Sculptra is right for you.

Best of luck to you!

Sculptra and Other Fillers for Facial Sculpting

All of my facial volume and lifting patients get sculptra as their foundation to help build collagen long term, lift, and compliment laser and skin tightening procedures. It's an excellent filler that gives great results, we also layer other fillers on top such as voluma or radiesse for contour, shape and fold improvement depending on your goals. I suggest seeing an innovative facial sculpting expert who tailors their fillers to your needs and often uses combinations to get best results. Best, Dr. Emer

Sculptra

Yes, Sculptra is a great product and does restore collagen in the face. It works by stimulating your own body to produce more collagen It is recommended to get a series of injections for optimal results. Typically results will last around 2 years or more. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in Sculptra injections for a consult. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Sculptra

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

Sculptra is a great product that stimulates your body to produce new collagen. Results have been proven to last 2 years, but in my experience the results generally last even longer than that. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

YES! But it takes multiple sessions over 1 year. There is a similar product in Europe that is much better from Sinclair Pharma that will be here in USA in 2 years.

Sculptra is a great collagen stimulant

Sculptra does work to restore collagen.  It is important to take certain factors into account with patient selection like age, skin quality, and degree of volume loss. These factors will affect the number of vials you will need and how your body responds.

Facial fat loss, or lipoatrophy, is the loss of fat beneath the skin which occurs with the normal aging process, after weight loss, or due to a medical condition. This can result in sunken cheeks, indentations, and hollow eyes and temples, leaving you with excess sagging skin especially around the mouth. Sculptra works by filling in hollow areas and by stimulating the body to produce collagen and underlying tissue for a long-lasting, fuller, natural, and more youthful look. By filling out the deflated skin, the sagging face appears tighter. Sculptra is composed of the same substance used in dissolvable stitches and various soft tissue implants.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Sculptra

Sculptra absolutely works to restore collagen and I often recommend this to patients at my practice. Sculptra is a unique filler in that it works by stimulating one’s own fibroblasts to produce collagen and elastin in the targeted areas. The results are gradual and subtle since the individual is relying on his or her own body to produce volume. Treatment with Sculptra usually requires injecting one vial every 4-6 weeks until desired effect is achieved.

Lisa Airan, MD

Hello, Sculptra actually does stimulate collagen in the face and results are seen typically after 6 treatment sessions spaced one month apart. The majority of my patients see very consistent fantastic results. I would definitely recommend that you seek the assistance of a board certified dermatologist that has plenty of experience with Sculptra. This treatment should not be done by just anyone. Good luck, Dr. Downie.

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra

Yes, Sculptra does replace lost collagen and I have seen it work up to the 2 year indication.  Gradual results overtime creates a natural appearance.

Yoav Barnavon, MD, FACS
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

Sculptra is amazing in that it produces new collagen in the face.  Over time the results look fantastic and last for more than two years.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green