Sculptra massage?

I had Sculptra injected on Thursday and have massaged my face 5 times a day for 5 minutes at intervals of roughly about every 3 hours. I go back to work tomorrow Monday and will have the time to massage at least 3 times before I go to work at 2.30 pm, but I won't be able to do it again until I get home at about 6.30 and then again before I go to bed. So there will be a bit of a gap. Does it matter when I massage my face as long as I get those 5 minute massages in 5 times a day?

Massage After Sculptra Injections

We recommend massaging 5 times a day, for 5 minutes, for 5 days in a row.  It does not matter when you massage your face during the day.  As long as you get the 5 times in.  It sounds like you are doing a great job and following your practitioner's advice.  You will have a great result.  Best of luck!

Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra and massage

Thank you for your question. I recommend massage 5 times a day for 1-2 minutes. The original recommendations came out years ago when Sculptra was not diluted as much as it is now and when it was reconstituted only a few hours before treatment ( now I reconstitute it 3-7 days before ). The changes in how Sculptra is prepared has decreased the time that I have patients massage. For global facial volume replacement there is nothing that works better in my hands. It looks natural because it is the patient's own collagen.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Massage after Sculptra

In my opinion, missing a few times of massage after Sculptra should not affect the results.  Most physicians recommend the 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days but there are some who recommend 3 minutes, 3 times a day for 3 days as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra massage

Hi Meow, it shouldn't make a big difference when you massage, as long as you follow the 5 times a day x 5 minutes x 5 days rule. Sounds like you've been doing that so you're doing great and are well on your way for the best possible Sculptra results.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Sculptra massaging

Sculptra massaging is a strong recommendation. However, missing a time or 2 will not adversely affect your results. Studies show there is less nodules when doing massage. It sounds like you have been very diligent and I don't expect there to be any problems.

Steven F. Weiner, MD