Is 2 Weeks Enough Time off of Work After a Mommy Makeover?
Doctor Answers 22
Recovery depends on you.... and the physical requirements of your job.
Depends on what procedures you've had
It honestly depends on the job you're returning to...
In some cases, Mommy Makeover surgery may not be an option because of the patient’s employment and limited recovery times.It’s therefore, important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon before proceeding with surgery.
You might also like...
Is 2 weeks enough time off work after a Mommy Make Over?
Recovery Time After Mommy Makeover
Keys to a quick recovery from mommy makeover surgery
With modern techniques, two-weeks should be plenty of time to recover from mommy makeover surgery. Today surgery is performed using minimally traumatic techniques along with liberal use of local anesthetics and in the case of abdominoplasty, a pain pump. It used to be common practice to tell people they could not lift more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks after surgery. I routinely have people lifting their children within a week of surgery with no difficulties.
Mommy Makeover Recovery?
No, I do not think that 2 weeks is enough time off work after mommy makeover, no matter what kind of work you do. I think you should plan for at least 3 to 4 weeks off. I think it is much better to take additional time off then to go back to work too soon....
You should realize that you are about to embark on major surgery. Some words of advice may be helpful:
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.
I hope this helps.
Two Weeks is Usually Enough Time away from Work after Mommy Makeover
Unless your job involves a lot of walking or physical exertion, two weeks should be more than enough time off of work after your Mommy Makeover, but as people vary in their tolerances and recovery rates, you will need to consider your knowledge of your self and your work situation as well.
Recovery time from mommy makeover
The recovery time from a mommy makeover is between 9 days and two weeks. However, there are still restrictions on what type of activities you can do after that time.
I use the term "mini mommy makeover" for a combination of breast surgery with a mini-tummy tuck. Our patients take 9 days off for this procedure.
A full tummy tuck with breast surgery requires two weeks off from work. Our experience is that patients can always go back to work earlier if they are doing well, but it is better to plan for two weeks off.
2 weeks off work after mommy makeover
Yes, 2 weeks off is the typical requirement, if you have a desk job. If you have a physical job, or are standing all day, you will probably require more time off.
Most people tell me it takes them about a month before they feel like their energy is "back to normal". So, it's important to plan ahead for this.
All the best,