How long does skin take to retract after explant?

I had my breast implants removed four months ago. There have been improvements in the skin tone. How long until I see my final results in regard to the skin retracting. Am I likely to see any more improvement? I read on weight loss forums that people see improvements for up to two years after weight loss. Is this true? My implants were in for 16 years. 400cc. I'm 36 years old. Slim build. Possibly a small b cup now. Size 6 frame.

Thank you for the question. Yes, there is still “hope”; it may take several additional months ( and even up to one year) for full skin contraction to occur. Generally speaking, what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).  Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a better idea of what to expect after full skin contraction has occurred.     Best wishes.

Skin retraction after implant removal

The skin does not really retract after implant removal to any significant degree if they have been in for a long time and by about 4 months, your probably have sen all the retraction that you will get.