Minimally invasive breast reduction?

I am 46 yrs old, 5'7, 140 lbs with 36 G breasts. I was always curvy but my breasts have taken over. It seemed to occur with my last pregnancy 5 yrs ago. Weight loss has not done a darn thing and I am very uncomfortable. Supportive bras hurt! I would like a breast reduction but cannot afford the down time. Is there an option for de-bulking that does not require major surgery? I am not concerned with shape and projection. I just want to be reasonably comfortable and closer to a C cup again.

Minimally Invasive Breast Reduction

The fact that weight loss did not result in any reduction in breast size tells me that you have mostly glandular breast tissue and very little fat. Going from a G cup to a C cup will require removing a lot of breast tissue and skin. Liposuction is not an option. Please consult with a plastic surgeon to learn about breast reduction surgery. You will feel a whole lot better when your breasts are smaller and more proportional to your body frame. 

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

Given all of the advances in minimally invasive plastic surgery, you would think that someone has come up with a way to do a breast reduction without a major operation.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  The only way to reduce breast size is with surgery- and with that surgery comes the recovery period.  I can tell you that for adults, the most common postoperative complaint that i hear is "I wish I had done this years ago!!"  Breast reduction surgery can really be a life changer, allowing for easier activity, easier weight loss, and much better comfort.  I wish there was a less invasive way to go about things, but I recommend that you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon to discuss your situation- recovery may not be as difficult as you imagine.

Dr. L

Breast reduction with minimal surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction with mini-surgery.

• Your breasts are very large, given your height and weight.
  • They are almost certainly chiefly breast tissue, with little fat.
  • Your only option is  breast reduction surgery.
  • Recovery is usually 2 weeks - there is usually little pain and women usually love the results.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Reduction

This is not a major surgery. Liposuction can debulk a fatty breast, but rarely is it reliable or does it produce anything attractive. A true breast reduction is a surgery that reliably reduces the breast in volume while simultaneously lifting the breast into an attractive form. Most patients have very little discomfort and many are driving and able to go to work in two to three days. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Minimally invasive breast reduction?

Liposuction can be an easy way to debulk the breast but it won't work for everybody and at your age might leave you with droopy breasts. See an experienced surgeon to determine if the option is one you might want. The scars are tiny and the down time minimal. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Minimally invasive breast reduction

There are a number of different techniques that are commonly used for breast reduction surgery and some of these have less scarring than others. Although I don't see any photos, if your goal is to reduce from a G cup to a C cup I would guess that the lesser procedures would be inadequate for you. The least invasive breast reduction would be through liposuction but it is highly unlikely that a sufficient amount of fat could be removed to achieve your goals.

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction/Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Unfortunately, no.  Breast Reduction surgery would be your best option from above description.  Recovery time is about two weeks +/- depending on the patient.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Minimally invasive breast reduction?

Thank you for your question. Several surgeons have already noted that liposuction can be used for breast volume reduction through very small incisions, and with very limited down-time. This is true if the patient has breast hypertrophy (enlargement) that is primarily fatty tissue. However, some patient have hypertrophy that is due to an excess of firm glandular breast tissue that is not amenable to liposuction alone. In these cases, a standard breast reduction procedure is indicated. A complete exam is required to determine which approach is most suitable. I hope that this information is helpful. In a complete consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area, you can obtain more information specific to your situation.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Scarless reduction

these are the classical indications for the Scarless, or liposuction only breast reduction.  We have performed this operation for over a decade in our own surgery center under light sedation anesthesia on outpatient basis. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in this variation of the operation and you may be very happy with it. It is not for everyone 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Minimally invasive breast reduction?

Congratulations on your decision  to proceed with some type breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations performed.

You will undoubtedly hear about liposuction surgery for breast reduction. In my opinion, it is a very rare patient who is a good candidate for breast reduction with liposuction alone. The reduction achieved is minimal to moderate at most and the breast  should have the following characteristics:  significant fatty tissue as well as excellent overlying skin elasticity. You can see why there are very few patients whose breasts  are amendable  to liposuctioning as the  sole  means of breast reduction.

Best advice:  have a well executed breast reduction procedure performed when your schedule allows.  Do not shortchange yourself when it comes to your outcome,  both from the functional and aesthetic standpoints.