Blurred vision after breast reduction.
Doctor Answers 1
Breast reduction - blurred vision after 6 days
Thank you for asking about your breast reduction and blurred vision.
- Were you given an anti-nausea patch?
- Are you sure it is off - and have you thoroughly washed the skin where you wore the patch.
- The most common cause of blurred vision after surgery is persistence of scopalamine on the skin.
- Yes, it will blur your vision.
- It may also be that your eyes are dry after surgery - see if preservative free natural tears help.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.