My upper lip is uneven on the right side as it lifts up higher than the left side, what procedure would help me? (photos)

As you can see from my photo I have a crooked nose and my upper lip is uneven. Even before braces I always had this problem. When my mouth is relaxed the right side has a little peep hole and the left side doesn't. And overall my mouth just seems crooked just like my nose. What would be a more permanent solution for this?

Lip asymmetry

Thanks for the photos. You have great lips and most of our patients would love to have them. The slight asymmetry is normal and does not detract from your features at all. There is no treatment for the asymmetry and adding fillers would likely make your lips a bit too big.  If you do decide to try a filler please make it temporary as you don't want to over correct and have a permanent problem

Good luck!

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven lips and lip Augmentation NYC

It appears from the photo that you would be a good candidate for lip augmentation and to adjust the uneven nature of the lips.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Imperfections are Normal

As the other surgeons have stated, asymmetry is normal. If it is something you would want to address I would recommend an HA filler to help alleviate some of the asymmetry you see, but it will not completely rid of it. 

I suggest you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his or her Nurse Injector to see what their best plan of action would be for you after seeing you in person. 

I wish you the best of luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Uneven upper lip and crooked nose solutions.

Some asymmetry of the 2 sides of the face is quite normal, but the solutions for the lips are usually HA fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane, which are approved for this purpose. Silikon 1000 is more permanent but used off label for lip augmentation. Rhinoplasty is the best solution for your crooked nose, and is permanent, of course. I would see a board certified facial Plastic Surgeon for both matters.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for uneven lips

There are always minor asymmetries between the right and left sides of the face. This is true of some of the most beautiful people and famous celebrities in the world. The minor asymmetries can be due to differences in the underlying bone structure and underlying soft tissue structure. In reviewing your pictures, you do have a minor asymmetry between the heights of your upper lip. This is a difficult problem and it will be unlikely to be ever fully corrected because you have an underlying asymmetry of the bone. Generally speaking, you have beautiful lips and I would be cautious on doing anything aggressive to try to improve this minor imperfection.

I hope this helps