Which should be done first? Lip tattoo or Juvederm?

Tattoo first, then filler

If you are set on tattooing your lip I would tattoo it first and then after it is healed have lip filler placed.  However, depending on your needs, you may be happy with your results after just receiving filler placement.  I would go to an experience injector for a plan and also find a good tattoo artist. Good luck with your transformation.

Livingston Physician

Perfecting the Pout--Lip Augmentation that Works, Fillers (Perlane, Voluma), Implants, Fat, Tattooing

Due to the healing involved, I recommend doing the lip tattoo first followed by the filler. I recommend seeing an expert for best outcomes. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip tattoo and filler, which order

I would have the lip tattoo first and after healing, proceed with filler. Please select a tattoo artist you trust and can show photos of their work. We have removed many lip tattoos that were poorly done, example, poor color choice and irregular lip borders.

Lip tattoo or Juvederm first

I would do the tattoo first. There is associated swelling that needs to subside before the Juvederm is placed. I haven't seen great tattoos on lips and they are fairly hard to remove.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Tattoo or Juvederm First?

When considering lip tattooing, choose carefully.  We have all seen less than impressive work and a bad lip tattoo is remarkably easy to spot.   The benefit of have a well performed  tattoo first is enhancing a recreated lip border.  However, the benefit of having Juvederm first is that it could potentially guide the tattoo artist in applying ink to your lip.  The exact answer would depend on the individual patient. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which should be done first? Lip tattoo or juvederm?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  In general it is best to have your lip tattoo performed first and then Juvederm for lip augmentation.  This will depend somewhat on the location and type of tattoo you are looking to have performed so see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your ultimate goals and they can then advise you with the best recommendation.  Best wishes.