Does Gmax laser actually work at resurfacing and tightening the skin on the face?

Is the Gentle Max laser recommended or effective for skin resurfacing and tightening? My doctor says there is no downtime. Is this true

Which lasers recomended for skin tightening

Thanks for your question. The Gmax laser is ideal for hair removal. There should be no downtime for this.

For skin resurfacing It's best to use a fractionated ablative laser either erbium or C02. Halo by Sciton uses both Fractionated erbium and Diode laser in combination to allow for excellent resurfacing and tightening with very short down time. This is what I recommend

Good luck!

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

GMax for skin tightening

The GentleMax is a combination Alexandrite and YAG laser that is mainly used for laser hair removal. Those lasers have little ability to provide skin tightening and wrinkle reduction. It may help a little, but other devices, like a Halo laser or fractionated CO2 will provide a much more impressive result. The Halo has very little to no downtime.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. The amount of time it takes to heal really depends upon the type of laser selected and whether you have decided to perform ablative or non-ablative resurfacing. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tighten and Tone With No Downtime

There isn't any downtime, but I find that a combination approach is best for skin resurfacing and tightening. Lasers, RF treatments or Ultherapy, in combination with sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help skin rejuvenation, tightening and prevent aging.  See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.