335 cc vs 295 cc implants?

I'm 5'4, 135 lbs and 21 years old, no kids. My doctor said I have constricted lower poles so getting a bigger size is going to increase my risks of indentations, etc. I don't want 295cc I feel it's too small and I REALLY want 335cc but I'm scared of all the risks involved. My nurse said I'm at 40% more chance of risks and have to sign a separate waiver form for large implant not recommended if I go with 335 cc. I am afraid of double bubble as well. What should I do? I'm getting under the muscle.

Your plastic surgeon is making a recommendation based on expertise and experience.

Your plastic surgeon has had years of training in both surgical techniques and aesthetics to learn how to take your anatomy into account and make the best recommendation for your unique breast structure and chest. Your plastic surgeon should also have done many breast augmentations, which gives him or her even more experience in how to create beautiful results. If you have doubts, though, it may be worthwhile to schedule a consultation with a different board-certified plastic surgeon to see what he or she recommends.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

335 cc vs 295 cc implants?

Thank you for the question.Without photos it's very difficult to answer this question. It's important to remember that the 40cc difference between these two implants is relatively small. 15cc = one tablespoon. It sounds like the communication between you and your plastic surgeon could be improved. You should have a close enough relationship with your surgeon, so that these tough questions get answered by having a back-and-forth dialogue. I would consider additional consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons who can give an additional opinion how best to proceed.

335 cc vs 295 cc implants?

I think you need to get more than one consultation for a start. Unfortunately with no photos it is not possible to make any comments on your specific situation. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Sizing

I believe the low 300cc implant are reasonable and safe to be placed by a breast implant specialist in your area. Best of luck

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

335 -vs- 295cc Implants?

A constricted lower pole makes breast augmentation more challenging, and as you've stated, runs an increased risk of a 'double bubble' deformity. As with any elective surgery, it is very important that both you and your surgeon are 'on the same page' with the operative approach. Your surgeon has likely done a careful examination and assessment to arrive at the recommended implant volume. However, if you are still uncertain about this or other aspects of the operative plan, then one or more independent consultations may be helpful.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

335 cc vs 295 cc implants?

Dear Pam,  Without a physical exam, it is difficult to say with certainty which implant size would be in your best interest, or which would have the lower risks associated with it.  Discuss your concerns directly with your surgeon,  prior to your surgery date.  Together, with your doctor, I believe you will be able to come to an agreement as to which implant will serve you best.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Constricted breasts

Without pictures of your breasts and chest wall, a definitive answer is difficult. In reality, there is minimal difference between the 2 implant sizes. In my practice we concentrate on your wants, desires, and goals and do not tend to get fixated on specific volumes. Frequently to correct the true constricted breasts, moving the nipple to a higher position will solve the issue.  I would seek an alternative opinion.

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Best breast implants for me; constricted breasts?

Thank you for the question.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast surgery for patients with constricted breasts) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

What should I do?

Thanks for sharing your concerns. I think your doctor is trying to do the best for you based on your anatomy with construction of the lower pole. I would suggest you get a second opinion from one or two additional plastic surgeons before moving forward. There are other sizes between 295 and 335 that you should explore before committing to a size. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD