Breast implant profile choices? (Photos)

i am deciding between mod plus profile and high profile implants. I am asian 5'2" 105 lbs. In these 4 pictures of this model, two are natural looking, two are very fake looking. Could this be the same breasts? I want a more natural soft look as opposed to round balls on a flat chest. My surgeon recommended high profile for me but I think Mod Plus is more of what I'm going for.

Beast implants - chosing the profile

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • One can't tell what implants these women had from the photos -
  • But high profile implants are used when women want larger implants than their chest easily accommodates.
  • Implant results are more natural if the woman has some breast tissue to start, which conceals the implant.
  • The 'natural' results you like seem to be in women who had some breast tissue to start. The less natural ones seem to be in women who did not.
  • It is important to discuss with your surgeon not just your ideal but your priorities -
  • Is it size or is it a more natural look? What tissue do you have to start with?
  • If you are flat chested, a not-too-large implant under the muscle will be your most natural look - but a larger high profile implant will give you the largest look.
  • So talk things over with your surgeon - choosing the right implant is critically important before surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Moderate plus breast implants may be ideal for you.

Since you want a more natural look, moderate plus breast implants could possibly be the best choice for you. A moderate plus breast implant can contain the same volume as a high profile implant but the base is wider for less projection and a more proportional breast shape. Before you decide, talk with your plastic surgeon about why he or she recommended high profile breast implants. You may have a narrow chest or your breasts may have a smaller diameter at the base that necessitates high profile breast implants to achieve your target size.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice I recommend silicone implants. They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant choices

Hello, it is not possible to know what these people had in terms of implant size and shape, based on photos alone.  A person's own breast shape and size plays a major role in the final outcome.  The same type of implant (moderate vs. M+) can look very different on each individual.

Breast appearance

It is related to her bra and how she is wearing it. The push up bras can make them look very fake. ..

Breast implant profile choices?

Hard to compare pictures without knowing the exact type of implant used for each patient. In general, high profile implants tend to give a more rounded, shelf like appearance whereas moderate plus will give a more natural look. However, this all depends on your breast measurements so make sure your plastic surgeon takes the time to properly evaluate and measure you to determine the best implant for you. Good luck!!

Your pictures would have been helpful

The shape of the implants is one of the factors in breast augmentation. The main issues are the shape and amount of the breast tissue and surgeons skills. Please see more than one surgeon and Vetra 3D can help you with your decision too.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants: High Profile or Moderate Plus???

This is always a tough decision. However, the difference is usually pretty minimal.  I would usually recommend the Moderate plus profile to someone who is trying to maintain a more natural look.   Many young women come in requesting a "Fake" look.  Although I'm not a fan of that look, the Higher profile implants do tend to give you a more round look to your breast.   Of course, this is a generalization.  In some patients, especially women with a little more breast tissue, any profile can look very natural.   The thinner you are to start, the more impact the shape of the implant will have on the shape of your breast.   Good LuckDr M

Natural breast augmentation

You need the opportunity to try on the different implants and have a Vectra 3 dimensional imaging. See a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon. As an Asian you may prefer the moderate profile, however your proportions may dictate a high profile for best results.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon