Uneven breasts 4 months post op. Is this normal? (Photo)

I feel like my left Breast sits high while my right breast is low and round. I'm very happy with how they look in a bra. Is this normal this long after surgery?

6 months

Thank you for the question and photos.  It is not uncommon to have asymmetries during this period.  It could take up to 6 month for your implants to fully settle so best give it some time.  It is always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Without knowing where you started from

its impossible to say if what yo have is normal.  BUT in my practice, my focus is getting the upper poles level since that is what others see, just as you show with your bra on.  But if you're wanting better when undressed as well, more procedures may be needed to accomplish that as I would speculate you started with little breast tissue with nipples not level and that is why you have what you have.

Curtis Wong, MD

Uneven breasts 4 months post op. Is this normal? (

You should adress this question with your chosen surgeon he or she will be your best resource. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Uneven breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although it would have been helpful to see photos of your breasts before surgery, it appears that left breast is more problematic than your right with the nipple sitting too low on the implant.  You need to be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine what he or she can do, if anything, to correct the asymmetry.  A pocket revision is most likely the necessary step moving forward.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Uneven breasts after 4 months.

Greetings,
Photos alone can not answer questions about symmetry. You really should revisit this issue with your plastic surgeon and look at your pre-operative photos.  Often, the unevenness seen after surgery may have been present before your enlargements.
Good luck as you continue to heal...
Best Regards

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Breasts

Most breasts, even before surgery have some asymmetry.  With augmentation, that asymmetry can be more obvious.  With your particular case, there may be some narrowing of the lower pocket of your left breast. However, at 4 months, there is still some residual swelling.  I would allow more time for healing.  Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon.    

Steven Svehlak, MD

Uneven

It is still a little early for a final evaluation. The photos are taken from too much above to be very helpful in evaluating the degree of asymmetry. Be sure you let your surgeon know your concerns. They should be able to advise you.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Wait another 2 months

It can take some patients up to 6 months to completely heal. Wait another couple of months and if you are still unhappy, speak with your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast asymmetry four months after breast augmentation.

There is some modest asymmetry four months after the operation. It looks as though the left implant may be slightly higher than the right. Still, some adjustment may occur going forward. Point this out to your surgeon.

Uneven breasts

Your implants are probably still a bit high, particularly on the left side. Assuming this is not due to capsular contracture, and considering that you like the look of your breasts in a bra, you may even decide to leave the situation as it is. It could be possible to correct the position of the implants with a surgical procedure, but you would get a fuller lower pole at the expense of the upper part of the breast, that may become emptier, changing the way your breasts sit in a bra.