Male, severely sagging skin at 19, deep nasolabial folds. What is the best treatment for me? Face lift needed? (photos)

From 17-18 years old, I look so old, so constantly tired. I have very deep nasolabial folds, marionette lines, unhealthy looking skin and a wrinkle in my chin, which alltogether, to put it mildly, look not very aesthetically pleasant (to the extent that I hate looking in the mirror). I always try my best to stay out of the sun, never smoke, drink tons of water, sleep etc etc, but it doesn't look any better at all. Is there any lifetime solution to my ugly face or fillers are the only option?

What is the best treatment for severely sagging skin at 19?

Dear Alexis, You don't have  a  true sagging skin but rather an inadequate volume at the mid cheeks, nasolabial folds and below corners of the mouth. If you are looking for a long lasting result I would go for fat or fat stem cell transfer or  permanent filler. 

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep nasolabial folds at age 19.

You definitely do not need a facelift at age 19.  There are options such as radio frequency treatments to help tighten the skin or augmentation of the nasolabial folds with either fillers or fat.  You should consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and options.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Facial Fillers vs Fat

Your face is still changing to an extent. From your photos (an exam would also be required) it would seem that fillers may benefit your appearance. If you like the appearance then you might consider fat transfer in the future for a more permanent effect.

Facelift question

Based on your limited photos, I would expect your concerns could be addressed with injectable fillers. An in-person consultation would be required to formulate a detailed plan.

Steven J. Smith, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 19?

You don't need a facelift. However a moderate amount of volume added to your cheeks would make a huge improvement. I probably would use Voluma. See an experienced injector.

Sean Maguire, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging skin in 19 year old male

I would definitely not recommend a facelift for you at age 19.  From the pictures you provided, it does appear that there are some areas of your mid face that could have volume added with injectable fillers.  This would improve the nasolabial folds and lead to a more youthful appearance.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small amount of filler at most for early facial aging.

I'm really not certain I would do anything but a small amount of filler in the nasolabial fold and possibly the cheek area would give modest but meaningful aesthetic benefit.

Facelift at 19?

You don't need a facelift, but adding volume to your cheeks would be a huge improvement. You can do this temporarily with filler and if you like it do it more permanently with fat grafting. Falling of your face is not your problem as much as your face needs volume, especially your cheeks.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery