How many days before a Tumescent Liposuction should I stop drinking alcohol and how quickly after can I drink?

Alcohol can cause bruising .

I have my patients stop alcohol intake 5 days prior to lipo, botox, fillers etc.... since there is a chance of excess bruising from alcohol use as well as advil, or aspirin etc... They can usually drink a few days after lipo.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction and Alcohol Consumption

Thank you for your question about tumescent liposuction.

Drinking alcohol can contribute to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.  Do not drink alcohol for a minimum of e days before surgery and wait about 1-2 weeks after.

Do not consume alcohol while on narcotic pain medication.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Alcohol

I would suggest asking your surgeon what he/she prefers. I request that my patients refrain from alcohol for one week prior and one week after surgery. Alcohol is dehydrating and can encourage fat and weight gain because of all the carbohydrates.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon