When can you have sex after a Mommy Makeover?

Intercourse after a Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks.Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Your plastic surgeon will give you the best answer in your specific case. For most of my patients this is allowed at 6 weeks with the woman on top to minimize the risk of trauma. Here are some fo the guidelines I give my patients: Following surgery, you will be walking in a bent-over position to keep tension off the newly tightened skin incision site. Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. To decrease this discomfort, we offer a long acting local anesthetic. This numbing injection solution (Exparel) which lasts for 3-4 days allows for an easier recovery and is preferable to older pain pump technology.
3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. We can arrange for a nurse to stay with you if helpful.
You will be encouraged to move and walk regularly starting the day of surgery. Wearing your TED stockings at all times, except while washing, to prevent venous clots (deep vein thrombosis) is mandatory.
Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific questions.

Sexual activity after mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. I generally recommend waiting until all the swelling is down before engaging in sexual activity if it was just a breast augmentation. So typically two weeks would be fine. However, I would wait closer to six weeks with a mommy makeover as the abdominal region requires more healing before it can tolerate more strenuous activity.

Sex after a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Assuming you have healed well and your full energy has returned, sex can be resumed at 4 - 6 weeks.
  • Your surgeon should be the one to advise you- since healing varies.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Sexual activity

Thank you for your question.  As a general rule, it is recommended not to perform any activities that will drastically increase your heart rate for the first 4 weeks post operatively.  Gentle sexual activity can be resumed after 4 weeks. 

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Resumption of sexual activity after mommy makeover.

Since sexual activity varies from individual to individual and because mommy makeover is very as well specific instructions can come only from your own surgeon.

When can you have sex after a mommy makeover?

Contact your surgeons office, they should be able to tell you what their post operative restrictions are. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I recommend sexual relations after 30 days post op. And it has to be very delicate.

Aramis Vega, MD

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding. Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to report increased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity), even several months after surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.