Are there any plastic surgery schools that offer a discount on something like a mommy makeover in the South Florida area?

I am very 5'8" 199 ilbs but after having my two children (8 years ago) I can't get rid of that extra belly fat as well as the many stretch marks on my stomach area with the excess skin. I can't afford to pay full price out of pocket for a tummy tuck or breast lift right now my debt to income ratio-creditors won't give me more credit. I frankly don't want any more credit (want to pay debt off not accumulate more). I have heard that their are schools that will do procedures for a lower cost.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

There are 2 Plastic Surgery residencies in South Florida - U of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital Division of Plastic Surgery. & Weston Cleveland Clinic Division of Plastic Surgery. Call either to set up an appointment. There are fees involved so DO NOT think there is any FREE ride. 

Abdominoplasty in south florida

I am a board certified plastic surgeon now living in San Diego. I performed my hand surgery training at Jackson Memorial Hospital. This is where residents of University of Miami Plastic Surgical training program practice. When I trained there, they did havea resident plastic surgery clinic. This means that residents do perform plastic surgery consultations. When I trained there, there were some talented residents, so it may be worth a visit. Good luck in your search

Jason Hess, MD

I am sure that you will be able to find "discounted" plastic surgery resident clinics in your area.  Some general thoughts: it is always in patient's best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. Best wishes.

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I recommend you to set an appointment in one plastic surgery school in south florida and ask for the quote.

Aramis Vega, MD

Teaching program discount for plastic surgery

During my training, we did not have a residents clinic, but did have way to decrease the costs for the patient. The patient agreed that the resident would perform the surgery under the guidance of the staff surgeon. The staff surgeon was in the room the entire time and was available for assistance, but the surgery was essentially performed by the resident. This helped the resident gain much needed experience, but also benefited the patient by decreasing the overall costs of the operation. As others have mentioned, the quality may not be as good as going to a more experienced surgeon. Good Luck

Teaching program discount

What you are looking for is a plastic surgery resident clinic.  You'd still have to pay for anesthesia and hospital expenses, but the surgeon's fees would be lower.  Of course, the quality of your results may be lower, also.

I am not sure if they still have this at University of Miami.  Worth a few phone calls.

Discounted plastic surgery in South Florida

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Residency training programs often offer discounted surgery.
  • But the hospital fees for the OR and anesthesia will still be high.
  • I strongly suggest that you pay off your debt before taking on more financial obligations.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.