Painful bumps on the inner lower butt cheek with a painful lymph node in my groin area.

Yesterday in the shower i noticed a lymph node on the right side of my groin was tender to the touch. I also noticed a couple of days before that, that I had some soreness on the right side of my lower inner butt cheek. There are sore painful bumps on this area, about 7 of them. At first I thought it was just 1 big boil but it's not. I've also never had a painful or tender lymph node in this area. I'm a 34 year old female.

Bumps

You should follow up with your surgeon or family doctor who can examine you in person and give you an accurate diagnosis. The earlier you get evaluated and treated the better.

An exam is needed to determine what is going on with your skin

and you should see your regular doctor to start with.  It sounds like you could have hidradenitis suppurtiva but an exam is really needed to confirm this.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bumps and boils?

Thanks for this question. If you recently had a TT, then a reactive lymph node is normal and can resolve when the inflammation gets better. Boils on your skin, even in an area far away from the tummy tuck, is a different matter and should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon ASAP. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Bumps

Thank you for this information and you should be evaluated by your surgeon if post op or by an internist or family MD

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD