I'm a 28B. Do I need a breast lift and implants? (photo)

Hi again Doctors , So I've posted a question about whether getting a boob job for my slightly-saggy tits of size 28B. You complained that my picture wasn't clear, so I took another clearer one. Also, you've suggested me to do a breast lift but i heard that it's very expensive and it leaves scars on the tits also it might make my nipples smaller. My breasts are not very saggy so what if i got big implements ? I live in Qatar but I'm not sure if there are any good surgeons here :\ Thank you , R

Breast Lift with Augmentation

Although it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination, your pictures suggest that your nipple areola complexes set low relative to your inframammary folds. Under these circumstances, the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery will be necessary to correct this anatomic deformity.

The type of breast lift utilized and the implant size are dependent upon the patient's anatomic findings and aesthetic goals. The majority of patients want breasts with harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. They also want a natural look and some upper breast fullness.

Achievement of these goals is dependent upon consulting a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Erza,
I guess I would ask you if you want your nipple (areola) smaller.  If so you do, then you would need to remove some skin.  Put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor. If you nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal dual plane lift called the dual plane. I know there are many good surgeons in the countries surrounding Qatar.  All the best,  "Dr. Joe"

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

You need a lift since your breasts are asymmetrical and ptotic.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.At size 28 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.

Best Wishes.

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

The general rule of thumb is that if the nipples sit below the inframammary fold (the crease under the breast), then a lift is recommended.  However, there are several other anatomic factors of the breast as well as the patient's desires and expectations that further determine whether a lift is performed or not with or without an implant.  Because a breast lift tightens up the breast envelope and breast implants expand the breast envelop, you are more limited by this fact than any other when trying to go with a large implant.  One way around this issue is to have the procedures done separately, for example have the lift done first then 6+ months later undergo the breast augmentation with implants.  In general it is always best to fit the implant with the patients breast anatomic dimensions thus minimizing immediate as well as long term complications. Once you are ready, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that can then perform an in person physical exam and help you best decide on a final surgical plan.  

Ryan Stanton, MD

A breast lift with implants either saline or silicone is the best option for your pictures provided.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

I'm a 28B. Do I need a breast lift and implants?

Breast lifting with implants is probably the most reasonable option to improve the size, shape, and symmetry of your breasts.

Breast lift

Thank you for the picture.

Based on it, I do believe that you'll benefit from a breast lift and placement of implants. This will truly enhance your breast and give you a sexier look.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

A combination breast lift and implants may be your best option

Because of the position of your nipple below the inframammary crease or fold beneath your breast, standard procedure would be to combine a breast lift and breast augmentation.  The concern is that if you only have breast implants the implant may stay high on your chest and push the nipple further down a condition we called the snoopy deformity.

For more information on combination breast lift and augmentation please read the following link:

Breast Lift and Implants

I would agree that it seems like you do need a lift as well as implants.  The scars do fade over several years and are hidden by bras and bathing suit tops.  It is a tradeoff.  The risk of a bad scar is rare.  It is very uncommon for any one of my patients to worry about their scars once they see how improved the shape has become.  Placing larger implants to obtain a lift is something that does not usually help a lot.  Shape is more important than size and you get that nice shape with a lift. 

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

From the photo it appears you have a variation of tuberous breast deformity. This requires a fairly complex treatment and not just augmentation. You need to get a consultation and exam for the answers. If you prefer not to have surgery because it costs money and leaves scars, then you already have your answer.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD