2 1/2 months post op from Crescent Lift with silicone implants and my breasts are already sagging. (photo)

I'm 23 years old had crescent lift with silicone gels 2 1/2 months ago and they seem saggy already (nipples are still low and not semetrical )but I'm more worried about the flatness of my upper chest? I expected them to have nice natural cleavage instead it's just not there. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Recurrent Breast Sag After Crescent Lift Augmentation

The crescent breast lift is a procedure that has extremely limited value. In this particular case, it might have been inadequate for the task at hand. Under these circumstances, it's probably reasonable to perform a secondary revisional procedure to lift the breasts into normal position. This procedure should be delayed at least six months to allow adequate healing and resolution of swelling.

In the interim, it's important to maintain good communication with your surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to outline a plan that addresses your concerns.

Crescent lift

A crescent lift is really not much of a lift. It only pulls up the upper part of the areola and tends to make the areola look long.
You probably need a more substantial lift for a nice shape. You may need a lollipop mastopexy. You should see your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a discussion and new measurements.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift insufficient

Crescent lifts are insufficient to lift breasts.You would have better results with a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.This is the technique you need now to correct the problem.You would also benefit from smaller implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

A crescent lift does not really "lift!"

While some plastic surgeons may really believe that crescent lifts actually are a good operation that actually "lifts" the breast, I do not believe you get any more than a few mm actual "lift" at all. Did you pay "extra" for the crescent lift? If you did, how much did you pay? Did you have unrealistic expectation about the degree of "lift" anticipated, or did your surgeon "talk up" this lift?

Unfortunately (and I'm not saying this is what happened to you), I think there are plastic surgeons who like to perform periareolar incision breast augmentations, and then decided that if they used a superior incision instead of a more typical inferior periareolar incision, they could take out a sliver of skin and sew up the same incision they would have used anyway, but now they call it a "Crescent Lift" and charge extra. Maybe even extra operating time and fees! This is a scam since a crescent "lift" takes about 10-15 SECONDS more than a standard periareolar incision, and closure is the same amount of time. If a surgeon really feels a crescent lift is of potential value, he or she should do it at no additional charge (unless it's being done separately as a stand-alone procedure or scar revision). Just saying.

Your anatomy was simply filled up--implants cannot impart shaping to the breast unless they are the form-stable cohesive "gummy-bear" type implants. Standard cohesive silicone implants (and saline ones) simply fill the existing skin brassiere. Cleavage can be made somewhat closer (anatomy permitting), but I always tell my patients that cleavage is the province of a good push-up (push-in) bra, and that I just gave her something to push up!

Your results are excellent, and typical for a generous periareolar breast augmentation. I'm sorry if your surgeon "sold you" on the idea that you would be high and perky, since implants ALWAYS drop (something about gravity affecting 100% of us 100% of the time) and 97% of scars soften as they mature. Crescent lifts do not really lift much at all. Your result follows that accurately. I hope your expectations were not unrealistic, because this really is a good result that you should not be upset about (except perhaps the crescent lift part of the equation). Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Miss Moore,
Keep your surgeon in the loop.  Look at other patients who have had your exact surgery.  You will note that over time, the fullness at the top of each breast will decrease.  We would all love to have a lot of fullness stay at the top, but over time this is commonly lost to some degree after a lift.  And often a bra or push-up bra is needed to achieve this despite breast implants with a lift.  It is hard to say much more without seeing preop photos.  So revisit your surgeon, discuss this, and go online and review other outcomes, as this might help you feel more comfortable.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

's Breast implants and breast lift cannot create cleavage that you see with a bra

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry that you are disappointed so early after your surgery.

It is very important to understand that a combination breast lift and implants cannot create a pushup cleavage that you see one you wear a bra.  I suggest you revisit her plastic surgeon and discuss your disappointment.  Your recurrent sagging does seem to have occurred early and it is usually hoped that the implant presents will add fullness above the nipple areola.

Breast lift

It is hard to know without seeing your pre-operative photos if you needed more than just a crescent lift.  At this point, I would wait for about 6 months after surgery to re-evaluate to see if you need a complete lift or not.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Your do have advanced droopiness and the implants seem to be way larger than your torso, contributing further to your problem. From what you describe and looking at your picture, I do not think having a crescent lift was enough in the first place.
I would wait until you are at least 6 months out from your surgery and re-visit with your surgeon. You will need a breast lift based on your evaluation and measurements at that point. You may also consider going slightly smaller with your implants.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

2 1/2 months post op from Crescent Lift with silicone implants and my breasts are already sagging.

I'm sorry you aren't happy, but I think that has more to do with your expectations than the surgery. You have a very nice natural look. The implants are huge and heavy so that means gravity pulls them down. A crescent lift does nothing more than elevate the top edge of the areola. there is no lift to thte breast itself.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

It is a bit early to make a decision on how to proceed.  A more involved lift could remove more skin to improve the lift and roundness of the breast and the areolar position.