One week after septo/rhinoplasty I have this piece of skin on the edge of my nostril? (Photos)

It's quite sore and I can see it from the side. What is it and can it be fixed promptly?

#Se

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Flap of skin following rhinoplasty

Hello - it looks like your still in the acute short-term phase of healing.  I would be patient for at least another week.  I hope you have a follow-up with your surgeon in the next week or so.  Please raise this issue to your surgeon's attention right away.

Hanging skin

The piece of skin is likely part of the incision line and opened up as stitches became loose or it is a cartilage. You should not touch it and just bring it to the attention of your surgeon when you see her/him.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon