When can I workout hard after Botox and can I sleep orally after the first night, i.e. on my tummy ?

I'm so worried about my botox as I am a day after. I just want to do my normal routines, skin care exercise and so on. I'm even worried about touching my face and sleeping normally. Please let me know what I can and cant do.

Back to Normal the Next Day

Hi javra. There's no need to worry excessively about your activity level after BOTOX. In fact, it's generally safe to return to your normal activities — including working out — the day after your treatment. Sleep, wash your face, exercise, and apply makeup without fear. Your "downtime" is over!

San Diego Dermatologist

Instructions After Botox

The only after care would be not to exercise or get your heart rate above 100 for the first 90 minutes. After that you are able to do anything you want. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise in this area.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Botox

You can return to your normal exercise routine 24- 48 hour after your  treatment. The same goes for your skin care routine. You may cleanse your face  just use a light hand for the first few days. Follow your physicians instructions and you should not have any issues.

Good luck!

Botox

Each provider may have slightly different post care instructions so it is important to know before leaving the office. Do not lay down 4 hours after botox has been injected, also no strenuous activities for 24 hours post injections. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Normal activities after Botox

Many doctors have slightly different suggestions regards this. Generally speaking, we do not recommend any strong facial pressure (massage on the face) for about 3-4 days or vigorous exerviceses for 24 hrs.
Nost of these recommendations are not set in stone but are based on experience.
I hope that helps and p[lease give your doctor a call to confirm these.
Best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Resume your normal activities the day after your Botox injection!

Patients who undergo treatment with Botox have activity limitations for about four hours after the procedure.  That means staying upright (i.e., no laying on your belly) and no strenuous activity for 4 hours.  However, the day after your treatment, you can resume life as usual.  

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Post-Botox regimen

I am surprised you did not discuss the post-Botox instructions with your doctor. The prohibitions are only for around 4 hours immediately after the injection, not two days later. Its important to have proper communication with your doctor before you undergo an elective medical procedure.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Not to fear!  If you are already one day post procedure you are cleared to resume your regular daily activities.
We advise our patients to not lay flat for 4 hours post treatment. 

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Excercise and sleep position after Botox

I recommend to my patients not to do strenuous exercise for about 4 hours after Botox injections. The same amount of time should be aloud before sleeping on your stomach.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox post instructions

If you are one day out from botox, you have no restrictions!  There are no concerns with sleeping, exercise, etc.

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon