On my 4th day of juvederm my top lip is bigger than my bottom lip. (photo)

It's my 4th day of juvederm so I'm starting to think I'm no longer swollen. Is it normal for top lip to slightly hang over bottom lip. The first day of injecting my lips I was in love with them and then the second day they got more swollen and my top lip went over my bottom. They clearly don't look natural and I'm wondering if this is common and will go down and if it's possibly still just swollen

Lip Swelling after Juvederm

Thank you for question. It is likely you are still swollen from the procedure. Swelling in the lips takes 2 weeks to subside to see your final result. If you are unhappy with your results it can easily be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Please follow up with your treating physician if you have any concerns.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Swelling to lips post juvederm

It is quite normal to have swelling for up to 2 weeks after having juvederm injections in the lips.  Give it time to settle and then return to your provider if needed.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lip swelling after injections

Please be patient - it takes time for all of the swelling to go down.  I tell my patients it can take up to two weeks for everything to settle after lip injections - at that time we can make adjustments if necessary.  Plan to see your injector at two weeks if you are still unhappy.  Hang in there & good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Swelling after Juvederm

Swelling is common after lip injections and will decrease over 1-2 weeks.  If it does not improve over this time you may have the filler dissolved.  There is a good chance you will love your lips again after the swelling resolves. 

In good health,

On my 4th day of juvederm my top lip is bigger than my bottom lip.

Hello 7777cs,

It will take time for your swelling to go down.  It usually takes about 10-14 days to see your final result.  If you liked them your first day, when your swelling goes down you will likely love them again.  Give it some time.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Lip Filling

Dear 7777cs:

It is not uncommon to experience swelling after lip augmentation.  The swelling should subside within the next couple of weeks.  Please see your physician 2 weeks after filling. All the best.

Juvederm and Swelling

Thanks for your question!  You are likely still swollen from your procedure.  The lips are very vascular, so swelling and bruising from the injections are very common.  It can take every bit of the full 2 weeks to see the swelling subside.  Hang in there!  Best of luck!

Swelling after filler

I would wait at least 2 weeks for the swelling to subside before becoming more concerned.  From what you stated it sounds like the upper lip became bigger after the treatment.  This makes me think that what you are still seeing is swelling. However, without seeing and feeling your lips in person it is hard to give a definitive answer.  You should follow up with your physician if you are continuing to have any concerns after 2 weeks.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Juvederm

It is likely that you are still swollen from your treatment.  The lip area generally takes up to two weeks for swelling to subside.  You can use gentle massage or apply ice to the area to help, but time is what is needed to reveal your final result.

Camille Cash, MD

Swelling After Juvederm And Final Result

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling to resolve and to see your final result.  Icing is beneficial for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also helpful for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  If you continue to have any concerns once your final result is revealed at 2 weeks postprocedure, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes!