Steroid and Hyalase can be dissolving the Radiesse?

I have done my cheeks with raddiesse filler but I'm not satisfied with the result since last month I'm taking the treatment to dissolve the doctor uses steroid and hyalase mixd and inject to my you think this injection would be useful to dissolve the filler as soon as possible or I'm just wasting my money?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your Radiesse results have not been what you anticipated.  Unfortunately because Radiesse is a hydroxyapatite derivative it can not be dissolved with Hyalase and the amount of steroid needed may injury the surrounding fatty tissues of your face so I would counsel you to allow the radiesse to  absorb naturally.  Best wishes.

Reducing Radiesse with steroids, saline, venus legacy

5fu/steroids and/or saline injections can work well to dissolve Radiesse. Often we combine with Venus Legacy (RF) treatments for the best results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Attempting to dissolve Radiesse

Hello and thank you for your question!

Radiesse is a filler that is made from calcium hydroxyappetite which is the material in bone once all the hard material is removed. 

The hyaluronidase that you mentioned is used to melt or dissolve hyaluronic acid fillers. This will not work on Radiesse. 

In my experience, too much steroid injection into the skin will not only effect the Radiesse but also the surrounding skin and soft tissue. You have to be very careful with steroid injections. 

The Radiesse will dissolve naturally over the span of 1-2yrs- this may seem like a very long time to you but think of it as a tire with a slow leak. You will have less filler in there next month than you do this month and so on. 

Hang in there- this is temporary- don't do anything that will leave a permanent effect that you'll hate for many years!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

Hi, I've performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, including Radiesse, for 30 years.  Unlike the HA fillers, Radiesse can't be dissolved using steroids, hyaluronidase or any other method. For this reason, I prefer shaping the cheeks with Restylane Lyft.  Additionally, steroid injections can dissolve fat in the cheeks creating permanent indentations. 

Hope this helps.

Will steroid and hyalase dissolve Radiesse?

In my experience, steroid and hyalase injections will not dissolve unwanted Radiesse. Fortunately, the Radiesse will dissolve by itself over time. I have not found any substance that helps to dissolve the Radiesse faster.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyalase and Radiesse...

Radiesse is a non HA based filler, and hence can not be dissolved with the enzyme Hylase. The use of very dilute steroid injections couples with saline flushes and massage can help to some degree. Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hello and thank you for your question. Sorry you are not happy with your Radiesse results. Unfortunately Hyalase will not dissolve Radiesse since it is not hyaluronic acid and steroids can help slightly. 

Radiesse side-effects

Hyalase will have no effect on Radiesse since it is not hyaluronic acid. the steroids should help some, but it will go away completely in a few months

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist